Monday, February 22, 2010

Coasting through life

Work has gotten a bit better. I think they are beginning to understand (finally!) that 4 managers are giving different sets of instructions to 5 or so staff who work in pairs, and that this is causing a bit of chaos.

I managed to get my ’scripts and watch a nurse, who was probably recently stripped of her credentials, convince the pharmacy to look her up in some data-base so that she could write her own prescription on their prescription pads.  I wonder if it was embarrassing or to feed a habit.

I didn’t fill the seroquel though. I’ve been trying to live without it, but I’m not sure I can keep it up. I wake up frequently during the night, and yesterday I started to feel sick again.  I asked my step-dad for some of his. Thank god it’s being passed around like candy these days. I’m going to try to sleep without it tonight and see how it effects my work tomorrow.  I feel like I’m kind of coasting through, without really accomplishing much beyond the very basics of showing up for work and helping my mom in chores she assigns.

I’ve got my first psych appointment in over 2 months on Wednesday. I’m such a terrible patient. I’ve not gotten my bloodwork done for the valproic levels, nor have I been making appointments with my councilor at school. I feel like I shouldn’t use her time now that I am taking one course.  I’ve been doing better with the mood logging though, and will have something to show for that. It’s not like I am being actively defiant, but I feel like I’ve got a finite number of slots, and as they get filled responsibilities and tasks are simply cast into oblivion.

[Via http://bittercupgonemad.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment