Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chapter 3 A Menace to Society

I hadn’t know the man for an hour yet. But, I already knew that he was armed and dangerous. Back in those days all the kids used drugs–or so it seemed. His admission to using Crank and PCP along with his devotion to these drugs had me concerned. I saw before me a nearly 300 pound former athlete, a giant of a man, out of his mind with alcohol and drug abuse. If that wasn’t bad enough, I thought, he had several weapons including a few pistols and an assault rifle. I tried to imagine the kind of trouble a guy like him could cause as I sat there baking in the late afternoon sun. I had a jug a water and took a long gulp and lit my second Camel Filterless. He again took notice of me and commented. How come you’re drinking water. “It’s free” I answered. You don’t smoke much he added. “I smoke enough.” I answered. He seemed satisfied and continued with his boasting.

Back in the day I had the coolest van. It cost me a fortune. There was a bed in the back, speakers everywhere even a tv and a sink. Hell man, my van even had a turntable and a fridg. I looked at him. A van? that was all I said. Dude, you should have seen the mag wheels and the paint, it was the hottest van on the street. I was such a baddass , I even had a special made compartment for my AK. I kept it under the bed in a locked steel box bolted to the floor. That sounds elaborate, I added. A fella has to be careful, I’m really careful. I bet you blew a fortune on that ride. Yeah, I sure did. Wish I had that van now.

We had been alone. What a joke government job. About that time a woman and man came in. They showed us the passes and walked over taking seats facing us across the pool. They took off their street cloths and relaxed back into the lounge chairs. She was wearing a string bikini and she leaned over to talk to her companion. Walt and I both had on mirrored glasses and had watched the scene unfold. Aside from Walt’s story this was the most interesting event of the week. Not many people swam and days already seemed endless.

Walt lit a smoke and leaned in, saying to me softly. That bitch wants to fuck me. What? I said. You are nuts. I bet that’s her husband or boyfriend she’s with. She’s pretty fuckin hot dude, look at that shit. Yeah right, she’s old. Not as old as you but looks too old for me. I added, hoping to piss him off a little.

[Via http://legendofwalt.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment