Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cocaine, It's a Hell of a Drug

So, my friends are doing coke now.  Just this past weekend.  I think it’s the first time for my boyfriend but several other people I know have done it before and they got an 8ball for the weekend.  Mind you, I have no idea where they got it from, who they got it from, or even what the fuck an 8ball really is.  For those who are interested, I looked it up and it’s “one eighth of an ounce, or 3.5 grams of cocaine” (Urban Dictionary). 

So…I’m not quite sure what to do if anything.  I am fairly certain I don’t ever want to touch it but I can’t be actively against it; I am sick of being a nag.  It’s their own business what they do to their own bodies.  I just don’t want to risk it.  Am I too “old fashioned”?  Did my parents raise me well  Should I make some new friends to fill the gaps when I don’t want to party with them?  Who, who is my age and in college, just wants to stay in and do something that doesn’t involve alcohol or drugs?  I mean, sure I’ll drink some beer or wine or smoke, but it’s not a hobby of mine.  I feel like I could be spending time being much more productive or there could be something else that would be so much more rewarding. 

So if I really need to get more, newer, non-druggie, good-influence-on me friends, how do I go about making new friends?  I start panicking if I even think about the prospect.  I don’t have time (nor money for medication) right now to actually sit down with a therapist once a week but an anxiety group?  Is that what I need?

Those who are wiser than me want to provide me with some insight?

No comments:

Post a Comment